Andrew Martin – Planning (AM-P) is a successful independent planning, urban design and development consultancy with over 30 years of experience and includes chartered members of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
The Practice advises public and private sector clients in a variety of matters, including strategic site promotion; development planning and management; planning appeals; master planning and community engagement.
AM-P provides the highest standard of professional expertise and the team are adept at finding solutions to complex planning and development problems, focusing on adding value to the real estate interests of clients.
Our consultancy services are available to both the private and the public sectors. The team focus on enabling and implementation through securing planning consents and permissions. We take projects from inception to delivery, guiding our clients through the various planning processes.
The AM-P team has undertaken a variety of successful planning and design projects and have expertise in all associated services which include the following:
• strategic planning and development plan promotion;
• development planning and management;
• planning and evidence research and analysis;
• project management;
• landscape visual impact assessment;
• Environmental Impact Assessment;
• neighbourhood planning;
• master planning and urban design;
• pre-application advice
• advice on planning conditions and S106 planning obligations.
• managing and facilitating community engagement events/workshops;
• Statements of Community Involvement;
• site appraisal and assessment of development opportunities;
• planning appeals and public inquiry;
• Supplementary Planning Guidance and Development Framework documents.
The team has experience of a wide variety of project types and sizes which range from complex regeneration strategies and schemes to promoting large strategic sites for new mixed-use communities.
We understand the value of collaboration and good communication with our clients and other professionals throughout the life of a project and pride ourselves on providing a service of the highest quality.
A project example – Colchester Garrison, Essex. We were responsible for co-ordinating the planning and urban design of a new army Garrison and subsequent redevelopment of surplus MoD land for a new mixed use ʻurban villageʼ comprising 2,600 homes. Our involvement stemmed back to an original PFI bid stage and included a large-scale public consultation exercise.
We undertook negotiations on the conditions and legal agreements for all aspects of the developments and prepared an ʻUrban Design Framework and Design Codeʼ to guide future developers.