East Sussex Building Control Partnership

Wealden District Council, Council Offices

The Building Control Services of Wealden District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council formed a partnership in April 2011 to provide a shared service throughout both Authorities.

This is known as East Sussex Building Control Partnership. The principal partner is Wealden, with the service being based at the Council Offices in Hailsham.

The Building Control Service amongst other things administers the Building Regulations by the passing of plans and checking of building works on site.

We are able to provide you with the following invaluable information;

  • – Free pre-application advice on building works
  • – Local knowledge
  • – Same day inspections for current building works applications
  • – Technically experienced professional team
  • – Local Acts and Legislation

Within the Partnership the Building Control Service also deals with:


What buildings do the Building Regulations apply to?

Apart from electrical safety (domestic only), the regulations apply to all types of buildings, ie offices, shops, houses, public assemblies, leisure facilities, public houses, restaurants etc.

There are however minor exemptions in relation to certain domestic structures (always check with the Building Control Authority if you are in any doubt).

How do I gain permission under the Building Regulations?

You can do this either by submitting a Full Plans or Building Notice application, or a Regularisation Certificate.

How to I apply for Building Regulations Approval?

There are three options available for submitting an application;

  • – Online via Wealden’s Building Portal (currently unavailable) for all application types;
  • – Complete hard copies via the postal system; or
  • – Email a complete copy of the application and all relevant documents in pdf version tobuilding.control@wealden.gov.uk.

Payment for Building Regulations applications can either be done by cheque and posted/delivered to the Council offices, or alternatively payment can be taken over the telephone by calling 01323 443322.


The current scale of partnership fees (last updated July 2012) (pdf) for submitting Building Regulation Applications.

Building Control Service Charter

This Charter sets out the standards of service which customers can expect from Wealden’s Building Control service.

logo.jpg 6 years ago
Showing 1 result