We are an independent ecological consultancy based in Berkshire. We carry-out surveys and provide advice on wildlife and ecological issues for clients in the public and the private sector. We can advise you on cost effective sustainable solutions for your project, whether it be a bat survey to inform a planning application, the ecology chapter of an Environmental Statement or a Woodland Management Plan.
Our work is undertaken by experienced and qualified ecologists, who are members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management’s (CIEEM). Our work falls into the following broad categories:
- Ecology surveying and reporting to inform planning applications , e.g. a protected species survey for a builder or developer to submit with a planning application
- Code for sustainable homes or BREEAM ecology assessments – to demonstrate the sustainability of a new building
- Protected species licensing such as bat and great crested newt licences for development sites after planning permission has been obtained
- Providing advice to land managers
- Writing ecological management plans, such as woodland management and farm environmental plans for England woodland Grant Scheme and Environmental Stewardship applications
- Advising Local Planning Authorities on their statutory duties in relation to biodiversity, and in particular advising on the ecological impact of planning applications and the validity of reports submitted with planning applications
We undertake work across the UK, however our focus is on Southern England and in particular the counties of Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Greater London.