Monday – Friday 10 am – 4 pm, one week
Indicative maximum class size: 10
This course introduces you to AutoCAD and its latest features, with practical, hands-on tasks that will help you become proficient and comfortable in the computer aided design environment.
The course welcomes early career and experienced civil and structural engineers who have little or no experience of the software.
- Course Description
- Whilst the course is specifically designed for civil and structural engineers, the content is also suitable for anyone wanting to become a competent user for engineering or other purposes.
On this course you will:
- learn to use AutoCAD to produce 2D drawings
- create, annotate and get-print ready drawings, such as plans, elevations, sections and details
- develop 2D AutoCAD drafting skills
- produce drawings for a residential building
- print drawings and check their quality.
The course will be delivered in seminars and by completing practical projects.
What will I gain?
You’ll leave the course with AutoCAD drafting skills.
You’ll be able to create and present 2D drawings which will complement your CV with skills that are in high demand in the engineering professions.
Tutor profile: Dr Roland Kromanis a senior lecturer at NTU who mastered AutoCAD software when working in industry.
He has worked as a CAD designer and has led various design teams comprising multiple AutoCAD drafters.
Roland has been responsible for the designs of many residential buildings, large steel frame cogeneration plants and reinforced concrete structures.
He’s currently leading undergraduate and postgraduate modules and delivering AutoCAD and Revit to civil engineering students.
You can book a self-catered, single room with private bathroom on our city campus, right next door to our studios and classrooms: www.ntu.ac.uk/summeraccommodation
Contact the short course team:
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 2813