The Institution of Civil Engineers will host its popular BIM event on the 19 October, with leading experts present to discuss the future of digital engineering…
The 19 October will see a popular BIM event hosted by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). The conference will examine the future of digital engineering while discussing how the industry is leading the widespread adoption of BIM Level 2.
Among the speakers at the event will be Mark Bew, head of the UK government’s BIM Task Group. Bew will provide updates on the work being carried out by the government to encourage the uptake of BIM Level 2. This has already become a mandatory requirement for public sector projects. However, the government plans to expand this into the private sector and push for BIM Level 3.
Senior Vice President Tim Broyd and conference chair said: “BIM is an important tool, and wielded well, has the power to transform the way we design, build, operate and manage infrastructure.
“Led by ICE’s BIM Action Group we have worked over the past five years to promote the use and realise the benefits of BIM. ICE is now developing resources to help industry move from basic awareness to advanced levels of understanding and this conference provides a key vehicle to enable that shift.
“ICE hosts conferences to inform and educate the built environment industry for the betterment of society. Proceeds from the BIM conference help to fund BIM Action Group activities, which develops and delivers training packages and shares best practice.”
- Mark Bew MBE, Head, UK Government Task Group for BIM
- Alex Bywaters, Head of Business Improvement, Smart Motorways Prog, Highways England
- Paul Clark-Edwards, BIM Practice Leader – Transport, Mott MacDonald
- Herman Winkels, BIM Programme Manager, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure (Rijkswaterstaat)
- David Lowery, Project Director, Carillion
- Graeme Reid, Project Sponsor, Transport Scotland
- Jon Kerbey, Director of BIM, HS2
- Alain Waha, Global Head of BIM & Digital, BuroHappold Engineering
- Teodoro Alvarez Fadón, Global Head of Innovation, Ferrovial Agroman
- Anne Kemp, Director, BIM Strategy and Implementation, Atkins
- Malcolm Taylor, Head of Technical Information, Crossrail
For more information and book tickets visit: www.ice-conferences.com/ice-bim-2016