UK Construction Week Innovation Zone, held at London’s ExCel from 3-5 May, will showcase the sector’s green change-makers, demonstrating the latest construction innovations
Nathan Garnett, UKCW event director says: “As part of our theme of culture change, we want to encourage new ways of thinking across all key areas of construction, to challenge and inspire others to drive the future of the industry forward.
“There is an abundance of new technology at our disposal – they are crucial to help us achieve net zero carbon and improve building safety.
“Just one small change in a process can completely transform the way a business operates and its outcomes, and we want to open doors to innovative solutions that will better serve companies, end users, and the environment.
“That’s why we’ll be showcasing some of the best products and innovators out there.”
UK Construction Week Innovation Zone demonstrations include:
- Aico’s Environment Sensors – the Ei1025 sensor can monitor temperature, humidity, and Carbon Dioxide, providing actionable insights to enable healthier, energy efficient, safer homes.
- EASYClickBase – a strong, light weight and flexible sub-base made from 100% recycled plastic that can halve traditional preparation time of laying paving and driveways.
- Gapotape – is a multi-award winning, simple, and unique combination of foil and foam tape specifically designed for use in conjunction with rigid insulation board.
- Halcyan Water Conditioners – a sustainable solution for the prevention of mineral scale accumulation and removal of existing mineral deposits in hard water areas, improving energy efficiency and equipment lifespan, while decreasing maintenance energy bills and system unreliability.
- Pallet LOOP – a circular economy pallet reuse scheme aiming to replace a significant quantity of the circa 18 million single use pallets currently used in UK construction.
Enter the COINS Grand Challenge 2022
The Innovation Zone will feature presentations from MOBIE with architect George Clarke, plus a case study on 3D printing from Cucinella Architects on the TECLA building.
Construction Industry Solutions (COINS), will also hold its COINS Grand Challenge 2022. It is open now and is free to enter, the deadline for entries is 31 May.
Register now for UKCW
UKCW London will host more than 300 exhibitors, 10,000 products, 300 expert speakers, seven theatre stages, multiple specialist hubs, and 150 hours of CPD content.
Download the free UKCW app and