Part K is concerned with the health and safety aspects of areas such as stairs, ladders and barriers and also addresses the risk from falling. This edition has been updated by combining Approved Document N: Glazing and also some overlapping guidance that is in Approved Document M: Access to and use of buildings respectively.
This document deals with 6 main areas including:
- Stairs, ladders and ramps;
- Protection from falling;
- Vehicle barriers and loading bays;
- Protection against impact with glazing;
- Additional provisions for glazing in buildings other than dwellings;
- Protection against impact from and by trapping doors.
To view the document – click on the link below: