Since the launch of its ‘Environmental’ division earlier this year, Mick George Ltd and its contracting provision for all-encompassing Asbestos services has gone from strength to strength.
Stringent controls make the Asbestos removal industry one of the most regulated in the UK, second only to the Nuclear industry, and thus only 400 licensed contractors operate in the UK. Reaffirming its commitment and professionalism within the industry, the Mick George Ltd has recently received certification of approval for ‘Asbestos Removal Contractors Association’ (ARCA) membership.
Formed over 35 years ago, ARCA is the leading trade association in the field of Asbestos management, playing a pivotal role to shape working procedures and legislation, as well as offering support, representation, advice and training to over 350 members.
The Association has gained credibility with HSE, Government, local authorities, and all those concerned with safety in the occupational handling and removal of asbestos materials, and as such, all members are perceived as specialists, in a particularly difficult and hazardous industry.
The news follows previous accreditation by Health and Safety Executives to complete all related Asbestos works. Most notably this includes the ability to handle a wider variety of contaminants, including non-licensed, notifiable non-licensed and licensed Asbestos, uniquely placing the business within the market, due to their ability to provide a ‘start-to-finish’ solution.
Michael George, Contracts Director at Mick George Ltd commented: ‘’Partnering and associating ourselves with leading bodies from various disciplines, is a strategy that we intentionally employ across the business.’’
George continued: ‘’We feel that it has multiple benefits, none more so than the very tangible advantages of being able to learn from experts who have unrivalled experience in the sector. Part of a wider network, it allows all participating members to have a stronger, more informed role in influencing the way the industry operates.’
For further information, please contact:
Stuart Costello, Mick George: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 01480 499 134
About Mick George:
- Mick George has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the construction industry in East Anglia and the East Midlands with a commercial fleet size in excess of 320 HGV vehicles.
- They specialise in bulk excavation, demolition & earthmoving services, ready mixed concrete, a wide range of skip hire and waste management services, commercial waste service and aggregate supply.
- Mick George has an extensive network of operating sites strategically located across their operating region including quarries, landfill, transfer stations, concrete batching plants, state-of-the-art recycling centres and soil washing facilities.
- They have recently launched a new Home and Garden range aimed at the residential audience
- The rapid growth of Mick George over the years has led to the creation of 100’s of new jobs within the local area, and Mick George Ltd now employs over 900 staff.
- The business growth of Mick George has been recognised with a number of awards, including winning the Tipper Haulier of the Year Award 2016, the 2015 Cambridge Business Award for Growth and being ranked in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 league table in 2016.
- One of the company’s main priorities is support within the local community. Mick George is heavily involved in sponsorship of grass root, academy and professional sports clubs, such as Peterborough United and Cambridge United FC.
- The company donates up to £500,000 annually to community developments and projects within the company’s operating regions as well as supporting a Charity of the Year : 2016/17 Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust.
- For further information, please visit: http://www.mickgeorge.co.uk