Supply & Installation of Aluminium Windows & Doors Framework (A7)
The LHC Framework Agreement for aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling products is available to all local authorities, housing associations and other public sector bodies in England and Wales and forms one of the LHC Window and Door Frameworks portfolio.
Fully OJEU compliant, the framework is suitable for low, medium and high rise housing schemes, schools and all other types of public sector buildings.
Products used in this framework have all been designed to meet the requirements of the latest editions of The Building Regulations including the energy saving requirements – Conservation of Fuel and Power. These include:
- Fire safety – egress windows and doors
- Ventilation (including heat producing appliances) – compliant air management products
- Conservation of fuel and power – energy efficient window and door products to meet and exceed the Window Energy Ratings (WER) band C and U-value requirements for both replacement and new-build projects. WER bands B, A and A+ and triple glazing are available
- Access to and use of buildings – for example, special needs hardware and low door thresholds
- Enhanced security windows and doors to BS EN 1627 to BS EN 1630 relating to burglar resistance are referenced within BS EN 14351-1 and doorsets to BS EN 14351-2. For enhanced security requirements, LHC references PAS 24:2016 to include third party accreditation (e.g. BSI Kitemark, BM Trada, Q Mark) for the fabricator
- Safety in use including child safety
- High performance glazing including safety (laminated and toughened), self-cleaning and energy efficient glass LHC appointed companies will offer design advice and support on the interpretation and conformity to statutory regulation requirements including planning assistance
- Curtain walling to BS EN 13830
Products are CE Marked to the harmonised standard relating to performance characteristics for windows and doors – BS EN 14351-1.
A 10-year product and installation guarantee will be provided for LHC projects. An insurance backed warranty may also be requested at additional cost.
All LHC A7 appointed companies offer a full survey and installation service including programming and resident liaison where required.
Survey and installation will be undertaken to the guidance set out in BS 8213-4 and include all finishing off and making good. For refurbishment projects, existing windows and doors will be removed and responsibly disposed of for recycling. Services provided on refurbishment projects will include:
- Design advice and support on the interpretation and conformity to statutory regulations requirements, including planning assistance
- A full survey and installation service, including programming
- Residents choice exercises and ongoing liaison
- All installation works and management undertaken to the guidance set out in BS 8213-4