IES has announced that the latest version of its Virtual Environment software is now live – IESVE 2019 is now available via the IES download centre
IESVE 2019 offers a simpler approach and reduced simulation times that are both in line with industry developments and in response to customer feedback.
Here are some of the key features of this new release:
New schematic geometry wizard
The new schematic geometry wizard offers a quick start and simplified approach to geometry and model creation.
- Enter building orientation & footprint (building type, shape, storeys etc.) and an entire model is prepared for you in one click
Solar algorithm enhancement
SunCast and ApacheSim have been enhanced to enable solar tracking through non-connected zones and translucent shades.
- Translucent surfaces, such as glass brise soleil, can now be modelled
- Algorithm can track the path of the sun through non-connected zones – previously only possible through connected zones
- Meshes or lattice shading devices can now be modelled with a single transparent surface drastically reduced computation and modelling times
HVAC systems wizard
HVAC Systems can now be streamlined in 5 easy steps or less!
- Simple and initiative UI for system creation, assignment and calculations
- Zoning, airside and waterside can be selected from list
- Full HVAC systems including proposed and baseline models plus ASHRAE loads calculations, sizing and reports created within minutes
Note: CIBSE Loads calculations to follow.
Daylighting simulation times reduced!
- RadianceIES simulations can now be carried out quicker via Accelerad – up to 20 times quicker!
- Accelerad uses the power of the GPU to provide faster static and dynamic simulations.
- The more powerful the GPU the faster your simulation will be.
- Email email@example.com to get access to this feature.
- Sky resolution enhancements can speed up your simulation by 25%!
- Daylight Glare Probability Metric – developed in line with customer feedback
To find out more about features specific to your region please visit www.iesve.com/VE2019.