Concluding its fifth year as a Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) sponsor, global design and BIM software provider Vectorworks, Inc. announces the winners of this year’s regional awards
KCACTF held eight regional festivals, bringing together talented students from all around the country to deliver virtual productions.
Festival attendees were also treated to exclusive panels, workshops, competitions and feedback from experts in the industry.
Since 2017, Vectorworks. has partnered with KCACTF to help foster and reward young talent in the Design, Technology, and Management (DTM) industry. In pursuing this, Vectorworks is proud to reward each student winner a free professional license of Vectorworks Spotlight 2021.
As part of the continued sponsorship, all winners received a free Vectorworks Spotlight License.
Winners were chosen for their commitment to innovation, efficiency and excellence in design.
The winners are:
- Region 1: Issac Goldbaum, Salem State University for “Nightfall with Edgar Allan Poe.”
- Region 2: Sam O’Dea, York College of Pennsylvania for “The Agitators.”
- Region 3: Jenny Bauer, University of Wisconsin Parkside for “Romeo and Juliet.”
- Region 4: Victoria Leatherman, College of Charleston for “Last Night and the Night Before.”
- Region 5: Danielle Roth, University of South Dakota for “Angels and Demons: Medieval Mystery Plays.”
- Region 6: Ian Olsen, Texas Tech University for “The Violet Response Project.”
- Region 7: Johnathan Billington, George Fox University for “Silent Sky.”
- Region 8: Sera Shearer, Utah State University for “A Flea in Her Ear.”
Opportunities for participants
Jesse Dreikosen, KCACTF national chair of design, technology & management, said: “At its core, KCACTF provides opportunities for participants to develop cutting-edge skills and learn current best practices.
“To do this effectively, we rely on industry-leading sponsors, such as Vectorworks. The company’s sponsorship will help the design, technology and management students expand their design approaches and achieve higher levels of professionalism.”
Vectorworks senior entertainment technologist Frank Brault, added: “It is our privilege to award each festival regional design winner a professional license of Vectorworks Spotlight — the industry standard for design and documentation.
“Congratulations to all the winners, they have all been recognized as leaders in specific regions for the quality and completeness of their designs and we are once again proud to award them here.”