Rugby, November 22nd, 2017 – FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions, announces that the FARO Focus S150 3D Laser Scanner won the hardware product of 2017 category at the Construction Computing Awards
FARO won the prestigious hardware product of 2017 category at the Construction Computing Awards, held at The Radisson Blu Edwardian in Bloomsbury, London, on 16th November 2017.
The much coveted award relates to the advanced FARO Focus S150 3D Laser Scanner and its ability to capture fast and accurate measurements of complex objects and buildings. In addition, FARO’s latest, ultra-portable laser scanner features a built-in 8 mega-pixel, HDR-camera that takes detailed imagery easily while providing a natural colour overlay to the scan data in extreme lighting conditions.
David Southam, FARO Europe, Regional Sales Manager (BIM/CIM) said “Since the Focus S150 3D’s launch the innovative laser scanner has achieved phenomenal levels of sales throughout the construction industry. All at FARO are delighted that the product’s outstanding abilities have been acknowledged at such a well-respected gala event. It was a great honour to attend the 12th Construction Computing Awards and to accept the award for hardware product of the year for the FARO Focus S150 3D Laser Scanner.”
FARO is the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design – Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision – 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com