Software developer CADENAS has created a visual search engine to find and download millions of 3D CAD & BIM models from manufacturer catalogues worldwide
CADENAS has now developed a visual search engine, with 3Dfind.it, engineers, purchasers and architects can find millions of 3D CAD & BIM models from hundreds of manufacturer catalogues available worldwide, including architecture, engineering, electrical engineering and electronic products, then download and use for their design.
The search results consist of the digital product data of components that are made available by the manufacturers for engineering, design and planning. Many catalogues offer more than 150 different native and neutral CAD formats such as Autodesk Revit, Nemetschek ALLPLAN, ArchiCAD, Autodesk Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, PTC Creo Parametric, AutoCAD, CATIA or SOLIDWORKS.
Engineers and architects spend 27% of their time searching for information. 3Dfind.it was developed to significantly reduce search times and to increase efficiency in engineering and building planning.
The following search functions are available to users:
- Parametric Text Search – High-performance full-text searches that offer proposals and corrections and logical operators (e.g.: allowing D < 12)
- 3D Shape Search – Finding geometrically similar parts based on a reference component
- 2D Sketch Search – Receiving suitable results by sketching a simple 2D drawing
- 2D Photo Search – Finding similar components by uploading a component photo
- Colour Search – Filtering components within the parts library based on the colour
- Feature / Topology Search (coming soon) – Finding components that have the same properties and dimensions
- Search by Category like DIN / ISO / eClass (coming soon) – Filtering components according to certain categories
- Class 2.0 Search / Reverse Search (coming soon) – Find a match to an existing component in the components library