This special, expanded edition of the Modular Building Institute’s Modular Advantage magazine explores the people and ideas behind one of the most important aspects of modular construction: design.
From small, one-off projects to large multi-family developments, proper design plays a critical role in the speed and efficiency of modular builds. This issue features interviews, case studies, best practices, and inspiration from some of the industry’s leading manufacturers and design professionals around the world.
Inside this issue of Modular Advantage:
- Kendra Halliwell, AIA, LEED-H AP, Associate Principal, Practice + Design Team Leader at ICON Architecture, Inc., shares her experience as project manager of The Graphic, Boston’s largest modular construction project to date.
- Ewelina Woźniak-Szpakiewicz, CEO at Poland’s DMDmodular Ltd., talks about how great design can add value to even the smallest projects. She also explains the inspiration behind DMDmodular’s new Smart Houses: fully-furnished modular homes perfect for those seeking luxurious private accommodations.
- Gary Badge, managing member of FK Architecture, delves into the inherent advantages of modular design and construction and explains the differences between modular and traditional design.
- Nick Gomez, Multi-Family Studio Director at Lowney Architecture, explores modular design through the construction perspective by discussing construction considerations that will help projects take full advantage of the value associated with the modular construction method.
- Eric Parnell, founder of ArchBoutant LLC, talks about designing for a singular small modular project and how all the benefits of modular can still be realized for the client.
- David Osborne, CEO of UK-based Roman Ltd., shares the design and details of the 400-pod modular bathroom installation Roman just completed in one of Europe’s largest new hotels.
Don’t miss this incredible issue of Modular Advantage, published exclusively by the Modular Building Institute.