The cornerstone to your compliance. Helping you comply with health and safety legislation and promoting good practice.
The No 1 bestselling Construction Health & Safety Manual is changing. Written by Health and Safety Directors and Advisors who represent a wide cross section of the UK’s leading construction companies and clients, this Construction Health and Safety Manual aims to provide construction companies working in the UK with a useful and pragmatic tool to help them comply with their legal duties and to improve the way health and safety issues are managed throughout the construction process.
“The Construction Health and Safety Manual has been written by Construction Industry Publications Ltd to help people working in the construction industry to make health and safety improvements in the construction industry. It is recognised that this guidance contains some advice that may go further than the minimum needed to comply with health and safety law.”
HSE – Construction Inspectorate – 2014
The NEW Manual contains:
- Six new colour coded sections grouping like topics together.
- New sections entitled Health and Safety Management, Managing Project Health, Safety and Welfare and Site Set Up, and Work Related Road Safety.
- Updated guidance in the Training, Work at Height, Demolition, Lifting Operations, Environment and Electricity sections and new guidance on cycle safety.
- New comprehensive legal section – including interpretation of key construction legislation, register of legislation and summary of all relevant construction related legislation.
- Colour photography and illustrations.
- New style bigger binders.
- All the existing content, reviewed and updated.
The Manual’s text is strictly monitored by an editorial panel of health & safety experts who check its content for accuracy and topicality.
“We always suggest to our course delegates that the manual is an ideal way of having a single source of construction H&S, providing accurate and practical information for effective H&S management and standards.” Dave Carr – Callsafe Services Limited
The manual is designed in a loose leaf format so that it can easily be updated, and amendments and new sections are normally published twice a year and are available to manual owners who pay a subscription. By signing up to the automatic subscription service you will receive each update twice yearly automatically.
The Manual is also available on CDROM and online at www.cip-bluebook.com
Construction Industry Publications
Tel: 0870 078 4400