Elecosoft has released its new cloud-based collaboration and construction planning software solution, Powerproject Vision in the UK
Powerproject Vision is an enhancement of one of the world’s leading project management software solutions which will enable users to overcome IT barriers and view one true version of project plans.
It is based on a customised version of Powerproject that has been developed in co-operation with the Department of Transport for the State of Pennsylvania and in close collaboration with UK Powerproject users. The software solution will deliver efficiency gains and improved consistency across the planning process.
The solution delivers significant improvements in controlling workflow and access to information, following extensive Beta testing led by Elecosoft’s development team.
Powerproject Vision meets the needs of organisations with multiple users in different locations and offers a controlled programme management environment. This ensures consistency and transparency via a web-based data platform.
Derek O’Neil, Head of Planning, Careys Civil Engineering said: “Powerproject Vision enables us to view live project data across all our projects bringing greater transparency and consistency.
“It will help our planners to focus on the day job and not be distracted by lengthy reporting processes, whilst allowing the wider business to understand project status at a glance.”
Key functionalities of Powerproject Vision include:
- Highly configurable centralised file management and storage of Powerproject schedules
- Access via any web-browser and from within the Powerproject software
- Project planning workflow enforcement, controlling project creation, review, approval, baselines and amendments
- Version control and change management
- Storing of approved project templates
- Automated business intelligence data extraction across all files
- Ability to structure according to company organisation, such as regions, business units or divisions
Ben Taunt, UK Sales Manager for Powerproject added: “Powerproject Vision has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from beta testers and from attendees at user meetings around the country.
“We often hear clients asking ‘am I looking at the right version of the project plan’ and ‘who approved this plan?’ Powerproject Vision helps answer these questions; it is a highly configurable system that can be tailored to match a company’s business profile.”