According to reports, construction company Dawnus has filed for administration following claims that subcontractors have not been paid
Dawnus staff on work sites across Swansea and Manchester refused to work this week after claims subcontractors had not been paid.
Workers on the multi-million pound development on the Kingsway in Swansea were called to a meeting on Thursday (14 March) morning, but they were sent home shortly afterwards.
Construction News has reported that Dawnus has appointed Grant Thornton as the administrators.
Dawnus has been contacted repeatedly by the BBC but has not commented.
However, people leaving the Swansea meeting told BBC journalists they had been told the firm had gone into administration.
On Tuesday (12 March), the Regent Road roadworks project in Manchester was stopped, with diggers abandoned as workers claimed they had not been paid by Dawnus.
The following day, workers in Swansea were sent home by their bosses.
Among Dawnus’ other projects are the £5.6m Roath flood risk management scheme in Cardiff, Bont Evans tree works and stabilisation in Machynlleth, Powys, and St Asaph flood defence works, Denbighshire.
Manchester is facing another day of disruptions after diggers working on Regent Road downed tools and left four large diggers and a truck in the middle of a road earlier in the week.